Friday, March 21, 2008

New Job!

so i just accepted a job doing home health and hospice! i'm excited about this and about working part time! the Lord has sure blessed me with this open door! this job will be much better paced than at the busy hospital, i'll get lots of time to spend with patients and their families. it will be neat to go into their homes and meet them in their world. this job is very flexible and i will be working with some amazing women! i can't see myself enjoying another job around here anymore than i think i will this one!
i'll still have a lot to learn - directions to all these places! insurance and managing the total care of my patients. drawing blood. . . i've started hundreds of IVs but we have phlebotomists to draw all the blood, RT's to do all the breathing treatments. . etc. but that won't be bad!

this is turning out to be a yucky week with allergies. i wake up sneezing and blowing my nose every morning. i'm so ready for spring, the warm warm sun!

yesterday i went to kearney - its over an hour away and you have to basically plan a whole day trip. i stocked up on groceries - lots of fresh produce! strawberries and pineapple!!! and got a few new shirts for work! had a hard time finding any good pants though.

ok i have tons of dishes to do. here there is no dishwasher. i am the dishwasher! and they never end! especially when i'm cooking so much!


listening to: david crowder band - remedy

4 comments:

zadie&phoenix said...

ohhh...now I want strawberries!!

Caser said...

Liz,
I'm so glad to hear about your new job! I seriously considered doing hospice before I applied as a school nurse. I am so glad God blessed you with that job. It will be a good way to minister to others. Jordan and I leave Tuesday for HI!!! We are so excited! Well, I better go, I'm working at the hospital and getting ready to leave. Yeah! Love you bunches and bunches! Caser

Alisha said...

Congrats on the new job - sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with the allergies too. I feel your pain!

Mia said...

Hey Lizzy! I like your new blog! It will be a good way to keep up on what's going on with you guys since I am so horrible at calling you*btw I think i need your new telly number! I'll look into how you all a friends list...I don't remember right now...but I'll let you know! I hope you really really enojy your new job! That sounds so much better than the hospital!