Friday, March 28, 2008

tractor riding

i got up with jordan this morning and went with him to work to ride in the tractor with him. it was all great until a disc broke and we had to haul everything back to their shop. it was fun while it lasted and i'll have plenty more opportunities to do that coming up with planting!

i just back last night from 3 days in kansas with my parents. my aunt and uncle and cousins from wisconsin were on vacation and stopped there to spend the night and hang out a little. it was fun to catch up with them! then my brother came and i got to spend some time with him on thursday before i left. it was a hard goodbye though, as he just joined the ARMY and flies out to kentucky on tuesday for basic training.

the time is getting closer and closer when we will get to move into our new place! we have some paint color and carpet decisions to make and a little work to do first. but i can't wait to have our own place! grampa's place is truly a blessing - but we had all those plumbing problems, the dryer quit working and now the washer, and there's only so much organizing you can do to make the place put-together when we're living here temporarily. so i'm excited!
oh and i start orientation at work next wed. - fri.

PRAYER AND PRAISE
thanks for your prayers, my little neice, zadie, is pretty much all better now and what a miracle, newborn pheonix didn't get sick!

please pray for my brother, dave, with the whole new Army thing
my other neice, susanna, is still having a horrible time sleeping @ night and its not easy on mom, julia, either. (susanna is 5.5 months old)
please pray for my friend, jamie, as she is in her last 6 months of a 2 year trip in the middle east.

thanks guys! hope you have a great weekend!!!

6 comments:

zadie&phoenix said...

It's good to hear about what you are doing...I bet it was fun to ride in the tractor with Jordan! Love and miss you Liz.

Alisha said...

Thanks for the post on our blog - words can't tell you how excited we are! I am starting to feel much better - I feel over the nauseated part - now I just seem to get full really fast. I also feel a lot more tired but supposedly I'm going to get a burst of energy any day now.
Have you guys moved yet? I bet you're excited!! Are you moving to another farm or just to a house/apartment nearby? You'll be starting your job again soon too, right? Gosh that's a lot all at once!
Have a good weekend!

zadie&phoenix said...

yeah...it's sad that he had to leave :(
Ok, so to add the list of blogs go up to "customize" and then go to "add a page element". One of the options is "Link list". Once you go there it asks you to input the web address that you want to be links. Pretty easy :)
I tried to call you about 4 times yesterday. The first time no one was home and then it was busy every time I tried after that. Sorry :( Maybe we can catch up today.

HHF said...

hey hun!! that's AMAZING about your job and everything...congrats! :) I miss seeing you guys and i hope your having a great time getting your new home ready...it will be SO nice to settle in finally and make it your place. :) So we need to plan a time this summer to do a weekend on the niabrara (i think i spelled that right!) anyway, let me know if that's something that you guys would be interested in OK? hope everythings well! talk to you later! Em

zadie&phoenix said...

hey Liz, it's time for a new post!

Anonymous said...

I think we need an update on your new job. :) How is it going?